After reading this chapter “Small Multiples” from Envisioning Information by Tufte, putting both words and pictures together is not as easy as we upcoming designer thinks. We have to plan the layouts to make sure the design is ok. I strongly felt that I did not fully understand this week reading. The examples from the reading, helped me a little more with the understanding of the chapter but, I do not think I understood everything that reading was trying to explain. The best examples from the reading that helped me understand what this chapter is about are “An Historical & Cultural Atlas of China” the maps and “Mural with Blue Brushstroke” by Lichtenstein.
In the beginning and towards the ending of the reading, I was very confused. In the reading of “Small Multiples” from Envisioning Information, I did not understand what it was trying to explain. I had to read this chapter many times so I can try to understand a little bit of the reading. Most of the examples from the reading shows me how arrangements can be important for the design of information. This made me realize that placements are much more important than choices of colors. I think knowing how to arrange different design elements, everything else will fall into place with the work.
I learn that that arrangement and layouts are very important when it comes to putting several information together. Many designers assume that when their clients give them a lot of information to work with, it will be easy to come up with a strong and clear ideas. Many times it is the opposite, from my understanding of the reading. Also, I learned that depending on how you place the design elements the client or audience may not understand the information that is being showed.
No comments:
Post a Comment